Nasu Likku ▪︎ Southeast Sulawesi
Adapted from here.
- 750 g chicken thighs, legs, whatever
- 200 g galangal, grated
- ½ coconut, grated roasted and mashed
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
- Salt to taste
Spices to blend
- 10 Indonesian onions (3 shallots)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, just the white bit
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 candlenuts
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- __ g turmeric
Blend up the blended bits.
Sauté the blended spices, galangal, and lemongrass until fragrant.
Add coconut milk and coconut, bring to a boil.
Add the chicken, stir well.
Simmer until the chicken is done and the liquid is almost entirely dry.